Friday, February 24, 2012

Evanescence Comeback LP Hits #1 On Billboard

Debut album from 'American Idol' runner-up Lauren Alaina enters chart at #5.
By Gil Kaufman


Evanescence
Photo: Wind-up Records

<P>Amy Lee and <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/evanescence/artist.jhtml">Evanescence</a> will be back in a familiar place next week with their first album in five years. <a href="/news/articles/1672356/evanescence-family-values.jhtml">Evanescence's self-titled effort</a> will hit #1 on the <i>Billboard</i> 200 on sales of 127,000, according to figures provided by Nielsen SoundScan. While impressive, the sales were less than half of what the band's 2006 sophomore album, <I>The Open Door,</I> sold (447,000) in its first week in 2006. </p><div class="player-placeholder right" id="id:1668631" width="240" height="211"></div><p> Hard rockers <b>Five Finger Death Punch</b> lock down the #3 slot with <I>American Capitalist</I> (91,000), easily besting "American Idol" runner-up <a href="/news/articles/1665031/american-idol-scotty-mccreery-lauren-alaina-album.jhtml">Lauren Alaina, whose <I>Wildflower</I></a> hits the chart at #5 on sales of 69,000. Also debuting in the top 10 are <b>Ryan Adams</b>' 13th effort, <I>Ashes &amp; Fire,</I> which sold 49,000 copies, and country star <b>Martina McBride</b>, whose <I>Eleven</I> sneaks in at #10 (40,000). Rounding out the top 10: <b>Adele</b>, <I>21</I> (#2, 111,000); "Idol" champ <b>Scotty McCreery</b>'s debut, <I>Clear as Day</I> (down 55 percent in its second week to #4 on 88,000); <b>Tony Bennett</b>, <I>Duets II</I> (#6, 55,000); <b>Lady Antebellum</b>, <I>Own the Night</I> (#8, 47,000); and <b>Lil Wayne</b>, <I>Tha Carter IV</I> (#9, 45,000). In a week when most of the hold-over in the top 15 lost ground, the only gainer is <b>Foster the People</b>'s five-month-old debut, <I>Torches,</I> which is up 19 percent to #12 (27,000). <b>Joe Jonas</b>' debut solo album, <I>Fastlife,</I> pops in at #15 (18,000) and the soundtrack to the <a href="/news/articles/1672506/footloose-kenny-wormald-julianne-hough-remake-original.jhtml">"Footloose" remake</a> shoots up 120 spots to #16 as sales soared by more than 400 percent to 18,000. Further down the line, Icelandic conundrum <b>Bj&#246;rk</b>'s <I>Biophilia</I> materializes at #27 (15,000) and <b>Peter Gabriel</b>'s orchestral take on his old hits, <I>New Blood,</I> is at #30 (13,000). Down at #46, the <a href="/news/articles/1672287/britney-spears-remix-album-b-in-the-mix.jhtml">Britney Spears</b> remix collection</a>, <I>B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2,</I> debuts on modest sales of just under 9,000. Evanescence also take the top spot on the iTunes album chart, where Adele holds down the #2 spot, followed by Five Finger Death Punch, Adams, Alaina, <b>Hunter Hayes</b>' self-titled album, Foster the People, pre-order for <b>Coldplay</b>'s <I>Mylo Xyloto</I>, McCreery and the "Footloose" soundtrack. Adele holds down the #1 spot on the iTunes singles chart with "Someone Like You," keeping <b>LMFAO</b>'s "Sexy and I Know It" at #2, just ahead of <b>Rihanna</b>'s "We Found Love," Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks," <b>Wiz Khalifa</b>'s "Young, Wild &amp; Free" and <b>Maroon 5</b>'s "Moves Like Jagger." Rounding out the top 10 are <b>Gym Class Heroes</b> at #7 with "Stereo Hearts," <b>David Guetta</b>'s "Without You," <b>Cobra Starship</b>'s "You Make Me Feel ..." and <b>Lady Gaga</b>'s "Yo&#252; and I." Next week's debuts will include the latest from reunited indie rock godfathers <b>Jane's Addiction</b> and the long-awaited solo debut from former <a href="/news/articles/1667893/patrick-stump-this-city-music-video.jhtml">Fall Out Boy singer Patrick Stump</a>.</p>

Related Videos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1672778/evanescence-comeback-lp-hits-1-on-billboard.jhtml

Jennifer Love Hewitt Jennifer Morrison Jennifer ODell Jennifer Scholle Jennifer Sky Jenny McCarthy Jessica Alba Jessica Biel Jessica Cauffiel Jessica Paré Jessica Simpson Zooey Deschanel Aaliyah Abbie Cornish Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment